We usually go to the Los Angeles County Fair every year and the first place I go to is the craft section where they have quilts and all types of crafts and art. Some sections we usually visit were disappointing like they were an after thought which was kind of strange. Usually the garden areas are really well done but not so much this time.
The kids art section I totally enjoyed as I did the train section which is suppose to be the largest in the States. It's a whole train set up about the size of a football field and I must have stopped and got a photo of every scene I saw. It was that cool! I will be putting up some photos from that display and i can't image the work it takes to keep everything looking so real.
We walked about five hours and then had a really long walk out to the car in the parking lot about as far out as you can get. It was worth all the walking.
The kids art section I totally enjoyed as I did the train section which is suppose to be the largest in the States. It's a whole train set up about the size of a football field and I must have stopped and got a photo of every scene I saw. It was that cool! I will be putting up some photos from that display and i can't image the work it takes to keep everything looking so real.
We walked about five hours and then had a really long walk out to the car in the parking lot about as far out as you can get. It was worth all the walking.
It's been a few years since we've gone to the fair. I do love all the crafts and exhibits but oh my aching feet.
ReplyDeleteTerrific photos.
Oh yes - all the walking can wear one out ....It's amazing that it can be close to 100 degrees or more just a few days before the fair and then it always drops in temp anymore so it's an enjoy 80 to 90 degree day. Still gets hot though.
ReplyDeleteHas tenido una gran tarea, tomando fotos. Esto es un aliciente para caminar , que es muy beneficioso para el organismo.
ReplyDeleteTe deseo un buen fin de semana.
thank you - yes there was a lot of walking and the incentive was there for sure.
ReplyDeleteGosh, it's been so many years since I have been to that fair, and I used to really like it but only for up to four hours, then exhaustion. I loved being there at night better than in the daytime. I went to the Mid-State fair here one year and never wanted to go back. It doesn't measure up to LACounty Fair. But truly, fairs do not interest me anymore. And the Mid-State Fair is always around 100 degrees!
ReplyDeleteThis looks like fun! The last fair we went to was in 2010 when we lived in Oklahoma, and I actually miss going each fall. Of course my favorite part of the fair is the fried food that is so bad for you!
ReplyDeleteThe dolls have charm!
ReplyDeleteNeat photos! I love seeing all the creative exhibits. I don't know if I could have held up for all that walking though--wow.
ReplyDelete