Translate

Friday, September 6, 2019

SPENT THE DAY IN WRIGHTWOOD, CALIFORNIA

A mountain town we use to live in about six years ago - We lived there for about 18 months before moving to the mountains where we live now.  What a nice day it was and as we drove into town we were treated with a little rain storm - nothing much but it did seem to be the cause possibly of an accident along the highway.

Some things have changed since we lived there.  There is now a brewery which some day we will stop in and check it out.  I plan to go back in the fall because I remember this area as being so beautiful when fall colors.

Some businesses have closed and others have taken over their buildings.





16 comments:

  1. Nice to see your photographs.
    Pleased you enjoyed your day …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember how pretty it was walk around the neighborhoods just outside of the main street in town. Sounds like a nice day out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, did you go by the place you used to live in?

    ReplyDelete
  4. In autumn, the place will be wonderful in colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Te has mudado de un lugar montañoso a otro también montañoso. Se ve que no puedes vivir sin ver la belleza de las montañas. En las alturas el aire es más puro.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks everyone.

    Yes Laura - we drove by - a little more overgtown in the front yard than when we had the place.

    Catalin - It is a beautiful place in fall - I know I'll be back taking photos. I love photographing old mountain cabins for some odd reason.

    Thanks Ventana de foto...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Septiembre llenará pronto todo de nuevos colores. Precioso lugar. Me gusta la naturaleza.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh, I bet a part of you will always miss living here...it looks so picturesque there, among the trees. I can just imagine how breathtaking it must look in the autumn!
    I hope you get to check out that brewery someday...😊😊

    Big Hugs ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the visit and comment Laura and Ygraine - ... In a way I do miss living there but there wasn't much around there other than the cool little town. We had to drive too far to get groceries etc. Sometimes the direction would be through the high desert which could be not very pretty in the summer. Yes maybe a trip in the fall and a visit to the brewery will work for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos! Things are always changing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks SO relaxing Sandy, lucky you.😊

    I'm so tired of unpacking....but looking forward to a real trip and time out, in January. I can't wait.✈

    Happy Week!

    www.veggiesyarnsandtails.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Connie - yes they are!

    Geraldine - where ya going on your trip? I'm ready for a road trip - a long one - some day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful inviting place. I never heard of that town before, but there are so many small communities around. What is it near...more toward So.Cal I think.
    Makes me antsy to go someplace but our car just won't take us...boo...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks very tranquil and serene ~ ^_^

    Happy Day to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Un lugar de gran belleza, sin duda... Me encantan esos colores verdes
    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those trees! It is so pretty there. I can imagine autumn.

    ReplyDelete