Translate

Friday, May 29, 2020

A NEW CATEGORY - FRIDAY FRONT PORCH DAY

I know there are so many different categories for different days of the week in Blogworld and social media platforms.

I think I'll create my own for each day of the week.  Since I love front porches and use to post them here quite a bit , I will choose Friday for Front Porch Day. 

i like the look of an enclosed front porch so I like this one however, I would have more trees around the house. 


i love the side view -





Saturday  -  I'm figuring out still how to categorize it for a post.    Suburban, Saturday, Sacred, Savory, Sinister - ...and then there is Sunday  ..

Weekend is upon us again...any plans?

9 comments:

  1. I love the banner photo! As you know I like front porches also and I certainly would love to live in that house, BUT, the lack of trees makes me rethink if I would live there. The trees should be old, sturdy, leafy shade producing trees. Like we saw in Eugene Oregon! I just put up a few on FB because they came on FB as looking back for that date 7 years ago. I was happy to see those pictures and those tree-lined streets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to have a category for each day of the week.
    No one in our neighborhood has front porches so I guess I fail on this day..HaHa.
    Not much going on this weekend. Saturday...
    I am doing my "care-giving" duty so my friend can go shopping while I stay with her beginning Alzheimer's mother. Its so heart wrenching as I have known Lynne for 58 years. So much of those years are becoming lost to her.
    Sunday going to church on line and working on some eBay listings...
    And the days march on....
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, will try commenting again, the first time failed!

    The house is a unique design; I love those cut outs above the door and all the windows. There must be wonderful light inside on dark days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. También me gustán los porches. Le dá mucha alegría a la casa.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your header photo is awesome ~

    Be Safe, Be Well,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks everyone.

    Hey Sue - .. Here in the mountains people mostly have decks instead of porches so I love to go through a neighborhood with these big ole porches. I grew up in one of those types of houses in Kansas City.

    That's great about the care giving ...I only did it once, but I felt it helped when my neighbor needed to go to the store and her usual friend who came by to help couldn't make it. Her husband had Parkinson's I believe, close to last stages. He was such an interesting man to talk with while she was gone and besides liking to help ..she lived three houses up with a HUGE deck that overlooked the lake so that was wonderful to get to experience that while helping with her husband.

    Laura - let's go back to Eugene - ...yeah ~heck yeah!
    thanks you all - for the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carol, before we moved to the mountains, we lived in the foothills where so many people (not us) had horses and not only people but horses would enjoy the walks through the bridle trails that went behind people's houses. I really miss those walks and intend to get down there some day with cool weather and walk some again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This will be a fun blog category.

    And your banner is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a neat looking house from both angles. I really like the enclosed front porch too.

    ReplyDelete