Translate

Thursday, July 9, 2020

A NICE PLACE TO WALK

There is a path across where I'm taking the photo - ...that one area is a rock wall - the grey area and the path is just below that right by the water and then you go up steps to the right and then follow the path to the end.  It's the longest of the lake trails we take and it's probably my favorite. 

While the valleys are going to be hot it will still be a lot cooler up here and good weather to take out a grandson for a hike today.  He is on his Xbox a lot and it's time to get him out of the house.  We have him until Saturday.  It's nice to have a kid in the house again, especially one that is 14 and you really don't have to do much other than let him enjoy his visit (with no chores and his grandpa's cooking and lots of Xbox time). 

How's  life where you live - still the Covid mask thing and social distancing?


16 comments:

  1. Well, I guess you already saw my blog post...
    We are doing our best to behave and though I dislike wearing the mask I will continue to do so, for all of our sakes.
    My son and daughter in law (the son that's an ER nurse) have been very sick and just got the results of their Covid tests...they came back Negative. Glad but sure wonder what's going on and really not trusting the tests completely.
    They are both feeling a bit better now but Mark will take an additional week off of work to feel he is cleared. It's hard to go back into the ER enviornment with all the sickness around them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I hope your son and daughter in law are back to 100 percent very soon. I don't know that I trust the tests either because of some false negatives and false positives. Your son has to physically and emotionally exhaused most of the time because of where he works!

    Sandy, I probably will never be on that long walk with you, but I sure would like to. If there isn't a cool breeze the whole way, I would melt. I forgot Cayden would be back... yesterday?... his time there came around so quickly! As you know Thursdays is the day of the week that I always notice another week has flown by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Sue, sorry to hear that about Mark and you DIL being sick and Mark is one of those heroes working out there in the midst of it all. Glad he is doing better but smart to take more time off.

    Laura - usually there is always a breeze in the afternoons if you are on the shoreline because it comes across the water and cools things down. I would love you to go on this shoreline but there is a lot of up and down and if u aren't use to the altitude it would probably wear you out. Today we are taking Cayden up to keller Peak It's at about 7200 feet so not sure how he will do. We will take it easy and it shouldn't be too hot up there. If it is we will head back down. Good thing at the end of this trail there is an open space with trees that look like van gogh painted them ..i believe almond but not sure...and a couple of picnic benches..it's in a small cover and pretty private and a great place to rest before heading back which takes an hour to get back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow i got my thoughts mixed up and out of order, lol. I don't mean at the end of the Keller Peak trail there is almond trees and picnic benches, i meant at the end of the trail that i posted the picture of there is that restful area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do those trees have white flowers at a certain time of year?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Esa vista del lago resulta preciosa . las casas que se ven ahí, tienen la gran suerte de estar cerca de él y gozar las hermosas vistas de ese lago. Es una imagen muy refrescante ante el calor del verano.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are still able to take walks in spite of the heat around this time of year. I bet your grandson is having a great time! Yes that is a good age. We have grands coming in later today, and they are 4 and 1, so it will be exhausting the next few days for old Papaw and Grandmaw - lol!
    It is forecast here to be in the high 90s and low 100s with high humidity for the week - ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I so want to be there! All that stunning scenery!!😊😊
    It must be good having your grandson with you.
    The restrictions are gradually being lifted here, but the death toll is still rising. Masks are optional, but we are still wearing them as we are both quite high risk.
    Here's hoping it will all eventually come to an end...😕

    Have a great weekend!

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laura - yes they do.

    thanks Antonnia.

    Linda - oh wow enjoy those young ones. they are so cute at that age but a lot more work;) The one here I hardly see ..his head is beyind a computer monitor.

    Ygraine - .. It is fun for sure and easy...watching him. Oh..the death tolls, sad - masks are mandatory here except outside but then i think soon that will be mandatory.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely place to walk ~ great photo ~ ^_^

    Be Safe, Be Well,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Sandy!
    What a beautiful view of the lake! Looks a wonderful place!

    About Covid, in Brazil the things are bad.
    Fortunately I live in a small town, so there is not much people infected.

    But my life is very solitary! I am alone in my apartment. I don't have seen my daughter Sofia and my son Fernando and my grandchildren, too! They haven't come to visit me to protect me.
    I have not left my apartment and if I am going to leave, I will wear a mask for sure!

    I hope you are safe and well!
    Lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful place to live. The photo is spectacular.
    How nice to have your grandson with you for a few days.
    My grandchildren live very far from me, I live in Lisbon and my daughter lives in Macau.
    Hugs and all the best

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Maria - ..it was a nice few days with him gone and now it is very quiet....also kind of nicel

    Ahh your grandchildren are far - I hope you get to see them sometimes.

    Sonia - good to hear from you. I've enjoyed the videos you've put up. I know the last few years have probably been hard and then with the Covid thing - ..ugh. Small towns seem to actually have it better We are in a small town and haven't had that many cases. Hope you get a chance to see your family soon when this is all over.

    Carol, thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely place to walk, wonderful scenery.

    We are getting out and about, but still being a little cautious.
    The virus is not over yet and spikes do seem to be occurring no matter where in the world we live.

    Enjoy July, we are almost half way through the 7th month!!!
    Crazy how time flies.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi Jan. I've always noticed that as soon as July is over - Christmas comes so quick.

    ReplyDelete