Green Valley Lake is probably at the highest altitude, approximately 7000 feet and it gets a lot more snow in winter. We had a vacation cabin here years ago and just never got up here enough when we had jobs and then the busy -ness of life got in the way. The town only has about six buildings and probably only four of them actually have businesses that are open. The lake is small but beautiful.
We went up there the other day and while walking around we stopped over at the community garden. It was fun to see that not only are they extremely trusting up here but creative. Next to the garden is the covered area which is nice and shady and where people come to do their mosaic crafts. Evidently, because it's left open even when no one is around, if you brought up some glue and a few little tools, you could sit there and use their "stuff". I'm not sure if that is the case or not - but it looks like it. Who knows - if you tried to do that someone might come out of nowhere and kick you out but I doubt it as I didn't see anybody aound except for a guy who owns the antique store a few buildings over.
Oh... and the stuff I talked about are buckets of chipped dishes and even glass marbles and such in buckets just sitting out - basically everything you need to mosaic things except for the "thing" you want to mosaic.
We went up there the other day and while walking around we stopped over at the community garden. It was fun to see that not only are they extremely trusting up here but creative. Next to the garden is the covered area which is nice and shady and where people come to do their mosaic crafts. Evidently, because it's left open even when no one is around, if you brought up some glue and a few little tools, you could sit there and use their "stuff". I'm not sure if that is the case or not - but it looks like it. Who knows - if you tried to do that someone might come out of nowhere and kick you out but I doubt it as I didn't see anybody aound except for a guy who owns the antique store a few buildings over.
Oh... and the stuff I talked about are buckets of chipped dishes and even glass marbles and such in buckets just sitting out - basically everything you need to mosaic things except for the "thing" you want to mosaic.
Was that always there? I don't remember it. I like the sign they have there and the idea that all those buckets are there for the pickings. Some nice mosaic pieces also! What a nice thing to do, sit in the shade and create something while overlooking the lake and the trees. I sure miss being able to go there. I always loved their little lake and the patch around it. The people who live there, I've always wondered where they go to shop for groceries. It's kind of a long drive of switchbacks when you leave that town to go to the next one. I guess they drive into Running Springs probably to shop or to eat out.
ReplyDeleteyes running springs would be the place. The more we go - the less it seems to take to get there. So for the full timers it's probably no big deal. I still love it up there, not very exciting but a sweet little walk around the lake and the smell of such clean air and even in summer the breeze blows in and keeps it fairly cool. It was beautiful the other day.
ReplyDeleteThe community garden wasn't there in 2002 when we had the place but since we moved to the mountains in 2013, it's always been there.
ReplyDeleteEs un buen lugar para descansar y además se ve muy tranquilo.
ReplyDeleteQue pases un buen fin de semana.
Besos
That's a pretty little town. How nice that supplies are available for such a fun project.
ReplyDeleteI love the Community feeling of crafts and the view.
ReplyDeleteMakes me long for some of that mountain air.
Sue
I love those mosaics! That's a skill I'd really like to learn and plan on trying. How nice that you have a place to try it out with supplies on hand. I see myself breaking a bunch of good dishes just to get materials lol.
ReplyDeleteWhat a peaceful and beautiful place.
ReplyDeleteThe mosaic works are fantastic.
thanks everyone. I would love to try mosaic-ing things .
ReplyDeleteThose mosaics are beautiful. I'd love to ride in one of those swan boats.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful place and lovely mosaics ~ great summer photos ^_^
ReplyDeleteLive each moment with love,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)
Connie - i keep thinking Mike and I shoiuld rent one. they look fun.
ReplyDeletethanks Carol.
Em um lugar assim só o vento faz barulho;
ReplyDeleteDeve ser bem tranquilo, calmo e silencioso;
In such a place only the wind makes noise;
It must be very peaceful, calm and quiet;
Oh such gorgeous photos!! I just adore those mosaics, so bright and colourful!!😊😊
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
Hugs xxx
thank you for the visit.
ReplyDelete