I've seen these two before when I'm on different walks around our local lake. Every afternoon after 3:00 the breezes pick up and it can get pretty windy at times. I've seen them before in this same area of the lake where the wind can get quite strong. To me it appears to be a mom and daughter enjoying their lake time.
Not ever having been on a paddle board before I don't know how they stay upright. The photos don't show how windy it was. I was up on the road instead of down on the trail so maybe it's stronger where I was.
There's still no swimming allowed at the lake (but people do anyway). No lifeguards, snack areas, and if you take a boat in you have to get it inspected for "quagga mussels."
Not ever having been on a paddle board before I don't know how they stay upright. The photos don't show how windy it was. I was up on the road instead of down on the trail so maybe it's stronger where I was.
There's still no swimming allowed at the lake (but people do anyway). No lifeguards, snack areas, and if you take a boat in you have to get it inspected for "quagga mussels."
I wish I had the balance that I used to have. I'd love to go out of Olde Port on a board, standing up and slowly moving along.
ReplyDeleteme too.
ReplyDeleteSon muy buenas las imágenes que has tomado del lago.
ReplyDeleteMe encanta la vista de las personas que disfruta de sus aguas.
El verano se ha instalado y ahora es el tiempo de disfrutar del agua.
Besos
That looks like fun but I think my days of doing water things like that are over.
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty place.
Sue
Swimming is not allowed ... If people can bathe in ice water in winter, banning swimming does not make life more beautiful ...
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful place
ReplyDeleteI might try it here on your lake, since the water is calm. I saw a guy yesterday doing this in the ocean, and it looked pretty challenging!
ReplyDeleteHi and thanks all of you! Yes they weren't that far from shore. It's been really hot and after about 4 o'clock is when its so nice to walk aroundthis part of the lake. They two - they had their picture shown in our local newsletter - Alpine something or other. So they made the local news, lol...
ReplyDeletethank you all for commenting.
That looks fun!
ReplyDeleteHowever, I will leave it at looking lol!
All the best Jan
It looks so pretty and peaceful there.
ReplyDelete