Translate

Monday, August 3, 2020

HAVEN'T MISSED LOS ANGELES COUNTY FAIR IN YEARS BUT IT WON'T HAPPEN THIS YEAR

These sisters look like best friends.   I wonder if they will miss the county fair this year.



13 comments:

  1. Love the dolls. I also love a county fair and regret that it's simply not safe to attend such events at this time. I used to love the Del Mar fair when I lived back in California. The state fair in Sacramento at Cal Expo was especially nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh...hi ...another one who loves fair. I love Del Mar and haven't been there in years and years. And state fair in Sacramento -another one I would love to have gone to. Nice to meet you - thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess county fairs just aren't happening this year...our midstate fair didn't happen. Those are cute sisters. I like that banner shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our fairgrounds went ahead and hired the vendors who would normally have fair food there and opened a spot in the parking lot for drive-thru "Fair Food" one weekend last month. People could get their turkey legs, elephant ears, funnel cakes and huge lemonades at least. But it's really sad for all the people who bring great things to show, especially the kids. I'll miss seeing the livestock and crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's an idea worthy of keeping some of the fair going. Personally here I've never loved fair food so i probably wouldn't visit but for those that do - that's cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah laura probably none anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh love the 'sisters' and am thinking lots will miss the fair and so much everywhere ~ glad I have a home I enjoy ~ sure spending lots of time there ~ LOL

    Live each moment with love,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, aren't they cute!😊😊
    Yes, I'm sure they will miss the fair too...really sad that life is so disrupted. A strange year, isn't it?😕
    I was just looking back at my old posts, and came across your lovely comment on my first one! Oh thank you so, so much for that!😊😊 Yes, our paths through life have been very similar, haven't they?! So very reassuring to find someone who doesn't ridicule my experiences and try to explain they away as "delusion"!
    I would be an honour to exchange experiences with you over a coffee...oh if only we lived closer to each other...

    Have a great day!

    Big Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry, that should have been "IT would be an honour!"...my tablet doing it's own thing again!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yup, no Fairs this year for us either...seems like
    No Nothing...
    I really miss seeing all the crafts and goodies.
    Happy Hump Day
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Think it's the same everywhere. No shows at all to get inspiration for quilts and see new fabrics and equipment. Maybe next year?

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sisters are so cute, and I love the quilts too. I hope next year the fairs and such will be back on schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  13. There are so many events that have been cancelled.
    A shame but understandable.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete