Translate

Thursday, October 8, 2020

MORNING WALK AROUND OUR LAKE

 It was so cool this morning I headed out early and there were more people out walking in the morning than I usually see in the afternoon.  Our temps have come down nicely and  our nights are getting almost cold.  

The fountains will probably run until we get down to freezing temps - not sure  though because i don't remember what month they turn them off.  There was a new duck in the lake but I don't know what it is.

  I collected a few leaves but so far the only thing that is really showing their fall colors are the dogwoods and their reddish seed pods and black oak trees.   I find more fall colors at a little higher altitude up in Lake Arrowhead and also Big Bear Lake.  Being at about 5000 feet here it takes a little longer for fall to show up.  I did the banner above with leaves i collected a week or so ago at Lake Arrowhead.

Our lake is a nice walk - about 3 miles if you stay up on the road and go around and less if u are on the shoreline.   There's longer trails elsewhere but anymore I prefer just about an hour of walking and not any longer.

The orange building is  Toni's Mexican Restaurant.  They have a nice outside seating area up top and we've stopped there recently for an appetizer and margaritas - and that was definitely a treat.













9 comments:

  1. Sure looks like a beautiful place, but margaritas certainly wouldn't be a treat for me, seeing I don't drink alcohol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those fountains and I have been happy with 45 minutes walking up to an hour and really no more after that. I manage to get a walk everyday even if it's just to the store for groceries, and that is about 45 minutes because I include the whole time I'm on my feet walking, even through the store. Those two hour walks are pretty much in the past now.

    All the pictures makes me want to get a walk around the lake again with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Son muy bellas las imágenes que has captado. en mi ciudad, aunque vayan bajando las temperaturas, la máxima ha registrado los 32º.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those seed pods are something else! I've never seen them; they look very seasonal and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful place and gorgeous nature photos ~ Xox

    Live each moment with love,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your border is fabulous. I really like it.
    Just waiting for trees to change into their beautiful Fall colors but I don't think that is going to happen very much. Temps and all the smoke that has been in the area have done a number on the trees.
    Now I'm hungry for some Mexican food..what a view from that restaurant.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! So many lovely sightings. And the weather looks ideal.

    ReplyDelete