Translate

Sunday, October 11, 2020

THOMPSON CREEK TRAIL

 A couple days ago we met our son and walked this trail - it's a beautiful trail - around 3 to 4 miles out and back.  If you keep going you can get to what is called Claremont Loop and go up into the mountains - it's a more rigorous walk and one we've only done one time.  We would probably have done it more than once but then we moved to the mountains and can find plenty of rigorous hikes up here.

It was a beautiful day and I've only found out recently from my son that this trail is considered haunted.  hmmm.  Maybe I need to go at night for a l ittle excitement.  

The beginning of the trial you walk by a few houses or in some case a horse ranch.  The two guys in the distance are my husband , the mountain hippy with the ponytail and my youngest son.  I lagged behind constantly taking photos.  


















11 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful area to walk in! The colors are really pretty and it looks like a walk I would like if it doesn't get too steep.

    We went out on the Pismo preserve a couple days ago, mainly to try it once and get some photos overlooking the ocean. We walked out 20 minutes and then back because it was getting pretty steep and in the area where we were, not very pretty. Just a trail through dried brush and weeds. I know it gets very beautiful (from photos I've seen) the higher up you go, but there was that fire a month or so ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John enjoyed it and said he might go back the next day. He makes a point to get out and walk or run every day. It's a perfect place for it - he wishes it was closer to his house. I have seen photos of the Preserve where it burned. Hopefully it won't take long to get back to its beauty. It's a steady incline up ...not that steep though at all - so the walk back is easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. So different from Fall in the Northeast. Looks like your trees are just starting to turn color. We are probably at peak. Hard to tell because the storm this week took down so many leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went on that walk with you and Mike once years ago when I visited. I just noticed you named it, Thompson Creek.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi CJ - i would imagine you definitely have lots more color back there. Here in the mountains it has about a month to go for the full effect.

    laura - yes you did. Thompson Creek Trail in north Claremont area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Comienza en el camino con algunas edificaciones de envidiables casas, para internarse poco a poco en plena Naturaleza y su correspondiente arboleda.

    Los colores propios de la vegetación, la hace muy atractiva a la vista y eso solo se puede apreciar de día. Yo no haría el camino en la oscuridad de la noche, se pueden ver fantasma en donde no los hay.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful and lush landscape. I know you had a great walk with your husband and son. I loved all the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Inger - and Antonia.

    it just happened to be perfect weather that day so that made it really nice. We don't live close to this trail or I would walk along it more often. it's down the mountain from us and over a few towns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like such a delightful place to hike. Lots of pretty things to see along the way...
    I don't blame you for "lagging" behind to take your beautiful pictures.
    I would have done the same thing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now, this does look such a beautiful area to enjoy a walk.
    The colours are just wonderful aren't they.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete