Translate

Thursday, January 28, 2021

I'VE BECOME ONE WITH THE SNOW

 Yes, I have.  Every year before, it was Mike's job to do the shoveling.  Well this year, it has invigorated me.  i find I can do things i didn't even consider doing.  Several days in a row of shoveling and the last two days taking walks up the road.  Here are some scenes i saw just a few houses up from me where there were clear views down to the lake.  I have trees blocking my view from the house.  I have to go to the farthest corner of my upstairs deck to see even a little, but going up a little bit on the road I can see more.   

I am enjoying the snow - really enjoying it.  I come in after shoveling and put Chris Rea or Dylan  on the stereo and have a glass of wine.   Yes I'm one with the snow lolololol.

and yet...all the shoveling i've done over the past days may mean nothing tomorrow as a new storm is coming in ....damn the snow.   I'm so fickled.



















12 comments:

  1. It looks very picturesque. Since your storm is coming this way, I'd rather be looking at pictures of white sand beaches and palm trees. Don't over do and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I wondered if you were getting the new storm, and you answered that question. We haven't had a lot of snow yet this winter. It snowed for two days this week, but we only ended up with 3 inches, total.

    I was impressed that you have an upstairs deck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Es un trabajo, que nunca he tenido que hacer, porque en mi ciudad hay muy poca probabilidad que nieve.

    Bonitas fotografías.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first I read it as you are so pickled! I was wondering just how many glasses of wine you have after your hard work. I reread it to read you are so fickle. Thank gawd I reread it. I was worried you'd be shoveling out there with half your faculties...lol.

    But, hey, what gorgous photos! Hope the big storm coming skips you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you on snow shoveling! I like the sound of the glass of wine - I have one every afternoon, but I haven't snow shoveled - lol! Looks like a winter wonderland in your beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. pretty wintry photo ~ used to love snow ~ it is pretty when you don't have to shovel it ~ sigh.

    Moment by moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so cute Sandy! Keep shoveling and keep drinking wine! LOL! Love the photos! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos.
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks everyone. The snow is melting so I'm really happy! I enjoyed reading you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photographs, and listening to Chris Rea a definite hit :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandy, to answer your question we live about 2 hours from San Francisco...in greater Sacramento area. A good drive makes a nice full day. 2 hours from Lake Tahoe too..Love that.
    The day was so beautiful..so clear and no wind.
    It really recharged our batteries.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Movement is the sister of health.

    ReplyDelete