There weren't that many people and the air was crisp but not cold, just chilly and it was a gorgeous day. I took my time and thoroughly enjoyed being away from the house. These days are so short - and where i live because of the hills on all sides of the property I can never see a sunset and it starts getting darker here like at 4:30 - not dark but you know it is coming - whereas at the lake where they get full sun I can look out my window towards the lake and still see the sun shining somewhat.
Here are a few photos I took on my day out yesterday. The people sitting on the docks have a membership to the Lake Association which allows them to go through the gate and out on the docks where usually boats are anchored in the summer.
There are six geese that are permanent residents at the lake - they are there every season , all season. I figured it wouldn't be crowded as all the tourists for the most part it seems have gone home. It was crazy in the mountains after the snow during the holidays - so many people coming up to enjoy the snow and leave all their trash when done. That's a problem here just like it is at the beach or elsewhere, that draws a lot of crowds. I can't figure out why people think its' okay to trash a place and leave.
The lake area offers beautiful perspectives for photography.
ReplyDeleteStill quite a bit of snow! I sure used to enjoy our little tourist town when the tourists were not there, I am sure you feel the same way about yours!
ReplyDeleteBrrrr, looks cold. I like the seagull, master of all he surveys.
ReplyDeleteYou know, I can't figure that out either. Are their homes like that?
ReplyDeleteTrash in their house?
I do have clutter but never trash/garbage around.
Beautiful place you got a chance to walk about.
I am missing Lake Tahoe so much...maybe someday!!
Trying to stay upbeat and thanking the Lord for each day that's given to me.
Sue
Glad you got a nice walk in such a beautiful place! Those houses - wow - so pretty. Hope you are staying well my friend. :)
ReplyDeletethanks all. Sue, no it isn't the year round residents - it's the tourists that walk along the trails and pull off the highway to play in snow and then leave their trash before they go home. It always a mess up here after holidays.
ReplyDelete