The last three pics - we took our first grandson, Hunter, who will be turning 19 tomorrow, up to Mt. Baldy when he was about 5. I noticed on our last trip that the building near where he was walking on the wall, is now boarded up. I hadn't been to this particular part of Mt. Baldy where the cabins are in years until we went recently. Anyway what a different 14 or so years makes between childhood and a 19 year old. I also caught him in action looking like he was flying.














I sure like that top house (cabin.)The area is almost not recognizable to me any more. It's just been so long since I visited there. Today is Hunt's birthday!? Got to go with him a happy one.
ReplyDeletetomorrow is his birthday - 31st. It's all gone so fast. Wish you could go to Baldy with us. How about Halloween afternoon. That's when they have the band and such fun outside where they set everything up.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cabins. The area must look so different with the changes over time. Happy Birthday, to Hunter
ReplyDeleteUn buen lugar, en plena naturaleza, debe ser una delicia, estar ahí.
ReplyDeleteQue tengas una buena semana.
Great action shot..
ReplyDeleteYour grandson has grown into a very handsome man.
Mt. Baldy looks like a beautiful place to visit.
Sue
Great photos! Beautiful! Like the flying one! LOL! Big Hugs!
ReplyDeleteSo nice to see all of these photographs.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to Hunter.
All the best Jan
Mt. Baldy looks like a wonderful place to visit.
ReplyDeleteLove the gorgeous photos, Sandy.
Happy Birthday to Hunter.
Thanks Veronica - it's a small town but really nice to visit.
ReplyDeleteJan Thanks for the birthday wishes for him.
Stacy - i like that flying pic too!
Sue -thanks . Ithink Hunt is a handsome guy also
Antonia - thanks for stopping by.
CJ - it has changed a lot - i think we will definitely go back on Halloween to enjoy the activities up there.
Oh WOW!!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a gorgeous house, and a truly stunning location!!😊😊
A belated Happy Birthday to Hunter...hope he had a wonderful day!
Big Hugs xxx
Nice paintings
ReplyDeleteLovely place and great photos ~ Xo
ReplyDeleteLiving in the moment,
A ShutterBut Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)
The stonework is really amazing. What a huge effort someone made to make these little cabins beautiful. I've seen Mt. Baldy a lot of course, driving along the 10, but never have been all the way up there so this was really cool to see -- and interesting to know there is a human presence there, other than just for skiing in winter.
ReplyDeleteOh and happy birthday to your grandson! What a great thing to get to spend the day with him at a place which means something to your family and is a little bit of a tradition. Someday he'll take HIS kids there.
ReplyDeleteMt Baldy looks like an area I'd love. That cabin is built on such an intricate rock base. I love the color of it! Hunter is a very good looking young man, I know you are proud of him. Yes I know that is an older photograph but you are lovely!
ReplyDeleteHFH - ...There is actually a really really cute village/neighborhood up there. I'll post pics at a later time. Yes it would be cool if Hunter took his own kids there some day. Hope I'm around to see that.
ReplyDeleteHi Linda, thanks. Hunter is a cutie and thanks for the compliment - I was about 56 or so at that time and what makes me laugh is I thought that was old age. lol And now about 20 years later it was so darn young.
thanks Carol, Ygraine and oh, a new person, thank you.
haha my statement would make it seem like I am 76, no ... that's not true, not yet. i should have said 14 or so years later.
ReplyDeleteOh how sweet on your comments on my blog.
ReplyDeleteGranddaughter Amanda is lovely with that striking red hair.
Unfortunately, she's taken. Looks like we are in for a wedding in May.
She's going to be one gorgeous bride too.
Sue
Well darn, lol. But still...i can imagine, lol. She will be so gorgeous and i know the photos that will come after that will be amazing. She is a beauty and your son such a photographer.
ReplyDelete😀
ReplyDeleteFrom your photos Mt Baldy seems to be a peaceful and very beautiful place.
ReplyDeleteTime passes so quickly, it's interesting to compare your grandson's photos. Although late I leave my Congratulations to your beautiful grandson Hunter. The last photo is fantastic, it looks like he's going to take off.
thanks Maria and Regine.
ReplyDelete