Every time we go up the 15 fwy going which is a route to Vegas - we would turn off at the 2 hwy and go to Wrightwood where we lived for about a year and a half before we moved to these mountains. Before we ever moved to the mountains we lived in foothills with a view of the mountains for about 30 years and all those years looking at the mountains I never actually thought I would live up in them.
Wrightwood was a small mountain community (too small for me) but certainly charming. One of my favorite scenes when we were going in to the area or coming out and was to see the trains. I know somewhere in all my photo files I have many photos of these trains in all kinds of weather. Here are a few I found recently. They were taken this last year.
Right now because of rain and snow the hills are green again, but these were taken during summer last year so they look pretty dry. My youngest son - the only one who still lives in California lives not far from this area so every once in awhile i catch a glimpse of them when we visit him as these trains come down south and go under the freeway. The last photo is closer to his house. I was able to photograph that one while we were about two exits from getting off the fwy to go to his place.
I felt like posting something different than the many many many mountains photos I take and never get posted. We have snow coming again tomorrow. I hope it just leaves a dusting.
Very colorful. Makes me think of "little boxes on the hillside, little boxes made of ticky tacky. Little boxes on the hillside, little boxes all the same.." I hope you don't even get a dusting of snow. I'm so done with Winter
ReplyDeleteThis train is interesting in that it has wagons of different colors.
ReplyDeleteSo much "stuff" going somewhere, then everywhere. I have never been on a train, and it's on my bucket list to do. Although not freight. Thanks for the ride.
ReplyDeleteP.S. It's just beautiful there!
ReplyDeleteThanks CJ, JC and Catalin. On a beautiful day, wouldn't it be something to sit aboard a train like this going through the coutry. Only if I was like 19 or something. I believe this set of trains starts in Barstow, Ca where is a main loading place. I love the colors on them. Love your description
ReplyDeleteCJ.
I have never seen the trains there looks so colorful when I used to drive the 15. Makes for colorful photos. Your banner is awesome, by the way. Have you seen the stories about the trains being stripped of their contents when stopped in L.A. ? Tons of cargo gets destroyed or stolen. It's unbelievable.
ReplyDeleteIt certainly is carrying a lot of colourful containers.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
thanks L. i had no idea - i don't listen to much news so i went and googled it ...what a mess and all the destruction. mike said he read a lot of guns were stolen which is cause for concern ...ugh.
ReplyDeleteHi Jan - I like those colorful containers. thanks.
What an interesting train!
ReplyDeleteLove the colorful wagons.
Happy Tuesday, Sandy!
I'm sitting on another mountain across the way, waiting for the snow to come, nothing yet. I too love trains and often post them on my blog. There's just something about trains that's so appealing,
ReplyDeleteThose container cars are so colorful. they are framed beautifully between the mountain passes.
ReplyDeleteI can see up north from my dining room window that there MUST be snow coming down on Highway 80. The clouds are very dark and ominous looking. Its just cold here..wish we would get some rain to water our yard.
Happy 2-22-22 (2'sDay)
Sue
Veronica - happy Tuesday to you - i love all the things I'm reading about 02-22-22..so cool.
ReplyDeleteSue - I do hope you get some rain. Our snow started sometime early this morning and will go all day and possibly tomorrow and if they are right we can get up to about 6" which we did just a couple weeks ago with the snow. Happy Twos-day to you 2-22-22.
Inger - You are probably getting snow. I'm definitely wanting spring. I love your train photos whenever you post them.