Here are a few pics from the last one. I love the view out Red Rock turnout and in this photo the altitude here is about 4600 or a little more I believe. In these photos you can see that the day after our snow the hills below had nothing as it was already starting to melt. We, however, keep our snow for what seems like a month after it falls. I've probably said before, I never want to live on the shady side of the mountain again. At least our days our longer and we are getting more sun shining into the yard to melt the snow quicker.
Happy Tuesday and all that it means this year - lots of 2's.
Oh yeah, every time I walk by this tree on the trail this rock in the middle of it is smiling at me or maybe smirking.
I don't know who that guy is in the bottom photo but he is definitely enjoying the view.
Love the views. Our mountains up by Tahoe got quite a bit of snow yesterday.
ReplyDeleteAll we got was cold and windy. No rain or anything from the dark threatening clouds.
The air looks so crisp and fresh in your photos. I would love to take a walk there.
Sue
Our temps went way up. 60 today and all the snow from the backyard is gone. Just in time for another storm on Friday. Yay. Not.
ReplyDeleteCJ - wow, lucky you with the melt and then you say another storm ...damn .. I think after today we're done for awhile. But up here they say wer're never done and don't plant anything until after Mother's Day. In all our time up here we have only have one snow storm in May and now I'm trying to remember what year it was either 19 or 20... gotta check my pics. Hope it isn't too much.
ReplyDeleteHi Sue - ..Come on down and then up and will walk down our road - or maybe slide on our butts down it. Icy this morning but it has been plowed.
I just realized there were photos I didn't see yet. These are so wonderful!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like passing snow.
ReplyDelete