Translate

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

LAST WEEK'S TRIP DOWN TO ALTA LOMA AND SOME OF MY FAVORITE WALKS

 During beautiful weather and before summer hits down below - high 90s sometimes now going up to 110 isn't that abnormal - ...I enjoyed a 70 something degree day.  It was beautiful.  I walked and walked and drove to different places and walked some more.   At times, I really wish I could live back where I use to because there were so many places to go and enjoy walks or hiking.  In the area where I lived a lot of people had horses and there were bridle trails all over the place.  

I lived near the foothills and after retirement we started climbing up the hills...sometimes where there weren't actual trails.  I remember one time going up a steep narrow really almost vertical path and I got 3/4 of the way to the top and didn't think I could go any farther.  I found a branch hanging from a bush that I could grab on to and get up to the top.  I was feeling anxiety at the fact that Mike would have to call one of our sons to come  and help him get me out of this situation if I stayed stuck on that path, neither able to go down or up.  Silly me.  No way was I going to humiliate myself like that, so that is what made me finish to the top. 

Some photos below from an area I always enjoyed walking on a bridle path and then up into these neighborhoods with really beautiful homes.  

 So many of these hills we climbed around in  before there were houses built.  I've noticed every time I go down there are new developments of houses going on further and further up the foothills. 













These rusty cans make a beautiful wind chime. The sounds are really nice. 









7 comments:

  1. Beautiful homes. the view must be spectacular. I love that garden sculpture. It would look good in the Zensical garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, my aren't those homes something! I would never have thought of rusty cans making beautiful sounds...how innovative. What interesting country side to me looking from Ontario, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CJ - i love that sculpture also. it is a beautiful area to walk. Thanks for looking.
    Jocelyn. Thanks. Most houses anymore are mini mansions in that area. I prefer a simple old ranch style. I couldn't believe the beautiful sound coming from those tin cans.
    thanks for the visit.
    The first comment ...I need to get a translater button on this blog.. but thank you for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so wish I had such trails to walk. There is way too much development here. It's everywhere now. Where did all the people come from? Our planet seems to be overloaded. I would rather see cabins than those luxury homes. LOVE the statue. About the tin cans. Were they just hanging in a straight line? I would love to try to make one. Thanks for sharing your beautful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It always amazes me how those homes are built on hills. Such beauty where you live! I can't imagine the time it took to audition those cans for tones - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful my friend. Thank you for sharing. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am just now seeing these gorgeous shots! REally enjoy seeing them.

    ReplyDelete