How can it be seven years ago that I enjoyed this visit. I've been to Bend in all season because my third son and his family live there. Spring and Fall has been the best with their colors and beautiful Deschutes running through part of the town. This area in the photos is Mirror Pond which is an impoundment of the Deschutes River and is a beautiful area with a nice park basically right behind the old town of Bend.
It's getting more difficult to decide, if we go sometime, who we can visit as three of my sons now live in different states. We have been both to Oregon and Washingto but one of my sons moved to Montana around six years ago and we still haven't visited there. He will be getting married in the fall of 2023 so we will definitely make a visit then.
I don't want to spend much time today posting as the trip we were going to take to Big Bear yesterday didn't happen because of some kind of traffic issue which caused a huge back up and people were turning around on the hwy going back down. We will try again today. I'm anxious to see if any wildflowers are finally blooming there.
The bridge separating the neighborhood from the park, crossing over Mirror Pond.
Este sitio es precioso y además puedes estar unos días con tu hijo. Ahora tienes una excusa para seguir viajando, visitando a los otros hijos, que vieven en distintos estados.
ReplyDeleteBesos
I love that area and that lake so much! I would love to go there again too!
ReplyDeleteAntonia -definitely something we have thought about - it would be a lot of driving and what would we do with the darn cat, darn...lol
ReplyDeleteLaura - me too.
Quiet and beautiful place, I loved the bridge.
ReplyDeleteHave a Happy Easter
Beautiful and serene
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter and I hope you can make the drive today. Such a lovely area.
ReplyDeleteSue
This looks like a beautiful place. I have a friend who lives in Bend although I have never been there.
ReplyDeleteLooks like such a gorgeous area!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful place! How serene!
ReplyDeleteLove that bridge.
Happy Monday, Sandy!
It looks such a lovely place and I know others have also commented about the bridge, and I agree it is such a great looking bridge, nice photograph.
ReplyDeleteTake care, my good wishes.
All the best Jan
I'd love to go to Montana! We would drive up there if we could, but it would be a long trip. Pretty houses and lake. Hope you had a wonderful Easter!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely place to visit and great photos ~ water is always attractive whether fresh or salt ~ Xo
ReplyDeleteWishing you laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)