Translate

Saturday, June 18, 2022

I'VE BEEN OUT AND ABOUT GETTING LOTS OF PHOTOS

But today, I want to put up some photos from Oak Glen, Ca in the spring.

This area is at about 4800 feet - pretty much the very same altitude as we are and in the same mountain ranges but to get to it we have to go down to the freeway and travel east for about 10 miles or so and then back up north to Oak Glen...about an hour drive from here.   I love going there but with the gas so high in California we won't be going there much at all.  There's not a lot to do other than enjoy nature and eat at one of the few restaurants in the area.  The tourists on the weekends are crazy so we usually go on a Monday but then all the stores and restaurants are closed which is fine actually.

Here are some of my favorite photos.

I was amazed that Van Gogh himself didn't appear in these photos waving to these people to get out of his wildflower fields.  I know I wanted to.  There is a nice trail when you first get to this area where you can walk but it isn't through this area.  You can walk around it but shouldn't walk through it.











I won't inundate this page with the hundreds of photos I took.  It was so beautiful to see.









16 comments:

  1. these are older photos from a different year in the spring. Since then there has been a huge fire in the mountains near there although this particular area and the village was left untouched.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful photos, like walking in a painting it must have felt. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! You can imagine van Gogh trying to paint those poppies

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very beautiful!

    I agree with cat's momma - it does look like walking in a painting!

    Happy Sunday, Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful place to visit, and shame on those folks for walking through the wildflowers instead of on that pretty path. Thanks for sharing Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful place. Pleasant words on the stone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a place ~ beautiful and lovely photography ~ Xo

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an absolutely gorgeous place to enjoy. the wildflowers are beautiful. Love the quotes on the stones too.
    So glad you could get out a bit. Yup..our CA gas prices are insane. We don't go very far either because of it.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you all - i always enjoy reading you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for this beautiful virtual nature walk, which colored my day.
    Extraordinary photo reportage.
    It's been very difficult to comment on your blogs, I have to try several times until the comment is accepted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. TQ what a lovely trail with the purple-blue and golden yellow flowers. Walking on these trails with all the flowers just sprouting up wildly is on my bucket list. I will do this walk one day for sure. The day looked cool too wth your people in shorts. Yep, if Van Gogh was here in Oak Glen, he would not have been depressed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Esos paseos da gusto darlos Sandy. Que maravilla de naturaleza y colores es preciosa. Me alegra que esa zona se salvara del incendio. Por desgracia en EspaƱa hemos tenido ahora bastantes hay muchas hectareas quemadas.
    Buen viernes.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What beautiful wildflowers! This looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks all of you, for the visit and comments. I enjoy them all. Always do.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kestrel - i agree with you. Van Gogh - yes.

    ReplyDelete