Translate

Monday, April 23, 2018

SOME PHOTOS FROM REDLANDS THE OTHER DAY

Here are some houses i passed the other day.  This top one I especially liked.  The day was a high contrast type of day (which is not my favorite type of lighting for photos).  Anyway, it was enjoyable to be down in 80 plus temperatures and even when we got back home it was still nice here in the mountains, not too chilly.

There are so many parts of Redlands I've yet to check out because I keep beig drawn to the more historical district.  I know there are some nice neighborhoods around the University which we have driven through one day and I will go back at some point and do a walk through the area. 

One week from today and I'm on my way to the central coast to stay at my sisters before we take off on that Tuesday to go up the coast to Oregon.  I'm already starting to pack!

Some of the places I'm really looking forward to are in Northern California - Trinidad, Eureka, Arcata (all in Humboldt county) and then I'm not sure but I need to find out if Florence which is south Oregon Coast is doable before we get to Eugene.  I'm thinking it won't be, because at that point we will probably be on the "5" - not the 101.  I need to have my map reader tell me all about it.





















4 comments:

  1. Nope, we will not be on the 5 until we are heading home. We don't have to go on the 5 home if we end up having time to go the 101 back.

    Loving the houses you photographed! It looks like such a nice area for walking!

    We hiked the Irish hills preserve trail for a ways today. It rises up over the whole area after hiking uphill through a forest of hills and creeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such pretty homes. And they look quite large, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Laura and Martha - it's a great area to walk.

    I meant by the way, Laura,, seeing Florence on the way down to the 101...not sure it would work but it sounds like it .... That is one area i once thought about moving to. Prices were reasonable but I know it is cloudy and fogged in a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! I love the unique plants and the bright colors of the flowers. Neat houses!

    ReplyDelete