We went over to the lake to shop at Staters yesterday and we parked the car on the upper level and then walked down to the lake level and for a walk along the water. The colors were beautiful and I'm really going to miss the perfect weather we are having once winter comes.
After we walked back up to where Stater Brothers is I took a few shots looking down.
Some of the trees we have that produce the amazing colors are maples, sour woods and sweet gums and of course all the wild Mountain Dogwood trees put on quite a display also and of course aspens, birches, etc. I think we are probably at the peak of the colors and they will be carpeting the ground soon. Where the trees are most amazing are along the mountain roads growing wild.
After we walked back up to where Stater Brothers is I took a few shots looking down.
Some of the trees we have that produce the amazing colors are maples, sour woods and sweet gums and of course all the wild Mountain Dogwood trees put on quite a display also and of course aspens, birches, etc. I think we are probably at the peak of the colors and they will be carpeting the ground soon. Where the trees are most amazing are along the mountain roads growing wild.
It is so beautiful up there! We are just beginning in this area with more and more color and it will probably be quite colorful when you are here. I enjoyed your walk around the lake! I didn't realize that you go to Lake Arrowhead to shop at Staters! Must be quite a pretty drive all the way right now.
ReplyDeleteYes it's a great drive - yesterday - we found a way to get down to the shoreline and walk along lake arrowhead right near the water. We could only go so far but will try to find another way in, in the next few days. It was a gorgeous walk and wow, the houses around there, seen from the waterfront up to the house...amazing. The colors were beautiful and I saw parts of the lake closer up that I had only zoomed up to and photogaphed before. Of course I got a lot of photos of that, lol. I remember Santa Margarita neighborhoods in November - amazing color - like what we have now. I'm looking forward to the displays up in your area.
ReplyDeleteWow, beautiful photos. The colors are amazing!
ReplyDeleteHi Connie - it seems as if the color is more vibrant this year - could be the drought possibly, not sure.
ReplyDelete