Translate

Sunday, October 28, 2018

WALKING THE SHORELINE AT LAKE ARROWHEAD

We recently discovered that we can actually get down to parts of the shoreline at Lake Arrowhead.  It's a private lake and to use the lake for boating or swimming you have to have a membership, unlike our Lake Gregory and Big Bear Lake that are public access all the way. 

Yesterday we found a way to get to a certain part of the shoreline and had a nice walk.  Today, we found another area to get to the shoreline and we're so glad to have found it.

Any photos that I have taken of Lake Arrowhead in the past were always from the village area that has walkways for a small part of the lake separated by rod iron fencing.  I usually use my zoom to get close ups of the lake mansions.

..so here are some real close ups of what it must feel like to live in these private areas along the lake. 






4 comments:

  1. That looks like such a beautiful area to live, let alone walk. I think there was a tv show that filmed in that particular area because as I look at it, I can picture the people coming out to the docks and taking a boat out and even jumping into the water off a dock. Anyway, I want to see this in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read that there are a lot of celebrities that either live in Lake Arrowhead or have vacation homes. i know that Blake and Gwen visited there last summer I think. In the past, long ago - this was a major playground for the stars - and also the Arrowhead Resort which is down the mountain and there is a road you take off of Waterman to get there. It was empty for along time and I think the local Indian tribe who own casinos have purchased it.

    I can't express just how it felt with the temperature, the beauty etc. to walk that path. I hope to get in some more entryways but we just have to search them out...to get down to the lake pathwithout a membership Luckily on Sunday when we went there were hardly anybody of the residents out on their docks or boat houses. I imagine during the week there will be even less and on a tourist weekend i wouldn't want to try and walk around there because in a few places u are just feet from their outdoor cooking areas on the path, where there is a patio or boat house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so fortunate to live near so much beauty. There are a lot of places I would love to visit in California someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful area. It's nice that you have found a way to visit and walk there, even if you don't live there...yet. :)

    ReplyDelete