We waited until evening to take a long walk along the shoreline at Lake Arrowhead. I had never been there at that time of day so I wanted to see what it felt like. Most of the way was a little breezy so it was easy to not heat up until the last part of a 90 minute walk - about the last 10 minutes I was starting to feel the moisture in the air - humidity.
I looked at the city I spent my childhood in, Kansas City and our weather is just about the same. This interests me because my parents were always complaining about the humidity and unless you are doing something really strenuous it doesn't seem too bad - at about 40% humidity with temps in high 80's.
So aside from the weather it was a beautiful evening walk and I even got to see the last of the sunset going down behind the mountains. I took a lot of photos because the lighting was different and I could actually get more lit up pics of the other side of the lake which is usually in shadow at the time we go.
In the fall it will have been a year since we discovered the way in to the shoreline and I've now got to see every season here. Fall is my favorite.
I looked at the city I spent my childhood in, Kansas City and our weather is just about the same. This interests me because my parents were always complaining about the humidity and unless you are doing something really strenuous it doesn't seem too bad - at about 40% humidity with temps in high 80's.
So aside from the weather it was a beautiful evening walk and I even got to see the last of the sunset going down behind the mountains. I took a lot of photos because the lighting was different and I could actually get more lit up pics of the other side of the lake which is usually in shadow at the time we go.
In the fall it will have been a year since we discovered the way in to the shoreline and I've now got to see every season here. Fall is my favorite.
I definitely recognize that shoreline! You got some very beautiful pictures, and I especially like the lighting and the sun setting behind the mountain peaks!
ReplyDeletei wish it wasn't so hot and you could have done the whole thing - (this is the one by UCLA CONFERENCE CENTER or the other end Peninsula. We tried another shorter shoreline walk yesterday and it was really humid by the time we were done - the one by the resort that you and Hannah came with us that had the covered bridge. I'm thinking today we will not be walking. unless a breeze kicks up.
DeleteBeautiful photos Sandy. I would enjoy it there (except for tourist season of course)!
ReplyDeletetourist season is ridiculous up here. we stay home for the most part during long holiday weekends. during the week even in summer - not so bad.
DeleteWow!! Yes, so incredibly beautiful...and such a privilege to be able to see these breathtaking views of a place I will probably never have the opportunity to visit.
ReplyDeleteThank you so, so, much for sharing...😊😊
Big Hugs xxx
it is nice to live near this beauty - has its' drawbacks though if one doesn't love snow. i'm getting to like it a little more every year.
DeleteLovely place and great photos ~ especially beautiful sky photos ^_^
ReplyDeleteHappy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)
Hi carol - thanks for visiting. The skies have been so pretty because of the monsoonal weather lately.
DeleteSuch a gorgeous and colorful place. You are fortunate to be able to walk there.
ReplyDeletei am glad we have some nice areas to walk - the thing i miss here is old neighborhoods, craftsman homes, etc... but when i get to missing it too much we go down the hill. Summer it's too hot though to walk around down there - probably 100 plus today.
DeleteSo beautiful … what a lovely area.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan