Translate

Friday, October 11, 2019

SEVEN YEARS AGO TO THIS DAY - AFTER MOVING TO WRIGHTWOOD CA WHICH IS IN THE MOUNTAINS

The first snow of the season came.  We had moved in July 2012 and excited to be living in the mountains and was surprised that snow came so early.  We found out that it didn't normally happen that early and this snow event wasn't really much an event - just enough to give the ground a light frosting. 

The photo of the deck - This place was intended to be an area I would spend a lot of time sitting around and read and relax.....  However, when we moved in, in this top photo you see the red house across from my deck there lived a dog - I'm 90% sure it was a Jack Russel terrier and it NEVER quit barking.  I grew to hate that dog and thought of a lot of really mean things I could do to it and I'm really not a mean person but I was on the edge of insanity with the incessant barking.   It never stopped - a shrill high toned yapping ...constantly. I'd go to sleep hearing it and that dog was the first noise I heard every morning.  The owner I"m sure could see and hear me yelling across the way to do something about the dog - let it inside.  Nothing worked. I did try talking one time to this person but the indifference to what I was saying was amazing.

We moved 18 months later and into a different mountain range.  I haven't since then, had an issue of a dog constantly barking which is nice.  Our next door neighbor now  had a dog who never barked even if it saw me outside in the yard.  I feel for people who live near someone with a dog that they let carry on all the time.

Anyway, these photos came up in my FB review so thought I'd post the memory here.








9 comments:

  1. Cool, a visit to the past and the pictures are so good! I had forgotten how big that deck was! I also remember hearing that yipping dog and I had an awful experience with one like that where I am now. It practically drove me insane. I marched up to their door at some point with a note I posted on their doorframe since no one answered and told them their dog's incessant barking was bothering many neighbors. Later I found out other neighbors left message also. I never saw the people cause they were never home or at least didn't answer their door.

    Much later I found out it was their adult child's dog and they watched it while the dog's owner was on vacation. Yet the people watching it never seemed to care if that dog was barking all day long ... or they left it out in back and were gone all day, every day. I think after many more complaints they figured out something to do or the owners came home and took the dog away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, didn't know that happened to you where you live now. I remember the first week we moved to Wrightwood - our next door neighbor Sharon, had a dog and it would bark constantly. I gave it a week and went over to their house, no one answered so I went home and went back with a note. I saw her once after that and she said it was her son's but that he was moving shortly and sure enough he moved. So that was the end of that one- ... that dog was right near my bedroom window basically.

    it's really hard to know what you will meet up with when you move somewhere new. I love that I do sometimes hear a dog in the distance, more like a big dog with a husky bark - it's the little yappy ones that when left outside they bark at everything. I'm blessed now - the neighborhood is quiet from dogs but not feral cats....they and their little cute " monsters" that play all over the deck (I actually like that)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is there always something to spoil things when you find your ideal location to set up home??
    Sandy, I know exactly how you felt...we have a dog like that next door to us. He never stops barking. Mostly, I have become accustomed to it. But when I'm trying to meditate or write, it drives me bonkers!!
    I am so glad you have some peace where you live now.
    It must have been a nightmare before.

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sandy, that is such a beautiful place to live. It's a dream to have such a nice house in the mountains, to walk on the wonderful paths and be so close to nature. We also live very close to the mountains, we see them out of our windows.
    Barking dog can be very disturbing and I am glad that you have peaceful place right now.
    I wish you a nice and relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh thanks for that understanding. I use to feel so bad that I couldn't meditate myself out of it but it went beyond my ability to cope with. I don't mind a dog barking - it's just the incessant stuff that never stops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful place to live. Glad you have no dog aggravation at your place now. Those little dogs can be a pain. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty scenes. Constantly barking dogs can be a nuisance. Our neighbor has one named Atticus that my husband has nicknamed "Yappicus."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nunca he tenido un perro, lo que sí he tenido en casa cuando era pequeña han sido gatos.

    En los caminos rurales a veces hay perros sueltos y no me gusta andar por ellos, me da susto que se me acerque, cuando he ido a fotografiar un campo de girasoles siempre he llevado un bastón conmigo par estar más segura. Mi marido me dice que no hay que mostrarle mimiedo y de la única forma que me hago la valiente es con el bastón en la mano, sobretodo cuando en las noticias he leído noticias de perros que han atacado a las personas.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet photos even if there is snow in them ~ no longer a fan of snow ~ Used to ski and loved it ~

    Happy Day to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete