In my 20's 30's 40's 50's my favorite season was summer. Since then it is my least favorite season. The sun, even if it is only 70 or 75 out seems so much stronger and hotter than it did 10 or more years ago. Has anybody else noticed this. And then the thought came just now, maybe when you get older and your skin loses layers and becomes thinner - possibly the sun just feels warmer because of that.
I remembered today after having a warm night while trying to sleep that here in the mountains our nights actually start cooling down really nice by September. The days can be warm but not hot and the leaves start getting their fall colors a lot earlier up here than down the mountain. So we are now about the middle of July which means only 2 more months and then we will be heading into my favorite season, autumn.
I saw this photo today and thought yes, I do love snow... right after it falls and when it melts quickly. So today my thoughts are on the changing seasons.
The other thing that just came to mind is right after July - the months speed by until Christmas.
(photo - our local lake)
LIFE STARTS ALL OVER AGAIN WHEN IT GETS CRISP IN THE FALL.
F. SCOTT FITZGERALD
I remembered today after having a warm night while trying to sleep that here in the mountains our nights actually start cooling down really nice by September. The days can be warm but not hot and the leaves start getting their fall colors a lot earlier up here than down the mountain. So we are now about the middle of July which means only 2 more months and then we will be heading into my favorite season, autumn.
I saw this photo today and thought yes, I do love snow... right after it falls and when it melts quickly. So today my thoughts are on the changing seasons.
The other thing that just came to mind is right after July - the months speed by until Christmas.
(photo - our local lake)
LIFE STARTS ALL OVER AGAIN WHEN IT GETS CRISP IN THE FALL.
F. SCOTT FITZGERALD

The black walnut trees in our yard already started dropping leaves. But they are also still real full too. But what I LOVE is when all the leaves fall in autumn but it's still nice enough to be out there to write. HEAVEN!
ReplyDeleteoh i agree - i love the sounds of leaves under your feet ... and the smells in the air. Is it early for the Black walnut trees to be dropping leaves in your area?
ReplyDeleteJust this last fall i started bringing home fall leaves and pressing them flat using books - they still look great. Don't know what I will do with them except admire them here and there.
Es precioso el paisaje y los colores de la imagen.
ReplyDeleteSiempre me ha gustado mucho el verano, pero ahora el calor agobiante de los 40º, me hace tener pocas ganas de salir a la calle. Se está mejor en casa, con el aire acondicionado.
I used to love summer too ~ but now find the sun too hot ~ Fall is my favorite ~ Lovely winter photo ~ ^_^
ReplyDeleteBe Safe, Be Well,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteAs we age, the fat layer under our skin starts to disappear...at least that is what I have read. So one notices the cold especially more. Ever notice anyone in the 90s we have known alwways has had a blanket over them or a sweater on when everyone else is dressed for summer? And I think the sun is whiter, hotter, and more miserable than ever! Love your snow picture here and makes me want to be in that picture.
ReplyDeleteI love Spring & Summer best not keen on Autumn other than the smells of the leaves & definitely not keen on winter snow. Hate driving in it.
ReplyDeleteLove your snowy photo, I love looking at them.
Beautiful photo. I like any season except winter. I'm not fond of snow and ice.
ReplyDeleteyeah laura i believe that. I know in winter i get much colder than i use to.. although i don't think i'll ever get to the point of having a blanket on me in summer. Today though - wow the cool air coming through the window is amazing. such a change from the last three or four days.
ReplyDeletethanks Connie. I think I prefer winter over a hot summer.
Hi Winifred - good to see you. Ahhh...Autumn is the one that does it for me - love it so much especially here in the mountains. down below fall can be hot even hotter than summer at times. In Southern California I've noticed that summer seems to go all the way to November sometimes.
I agree Carol.
thank you Antonio
Yes, I find that too...for the past ten years or so, I've been unable to sit in the sun for any length of time as I burn dreadfully! I think you may be right about our skin becoming thinner and, therefore, more susceptible to the sun's rays.
ReplyDeleteSuch a pain, as I used to love getting a tan!😕 Lol
Beautiful photo!😊😊 I adore snow. Unfortunately, we haven't had any significant fall here for quite a few years now. Each winter I hope...maybe this one!
Have a great day!
Hugs xxx
Stunning photo. I sure don't like the blistering HOT but It's so nice to not have to bundle up when going outside.
ReplyDeletethe beauty of Fall can't be beat for sure...
Temps suppose to be in the high 90's today.
The good ole' AC gets a workout.
Sue
Hi Ygraine - also ... the other proof of that thin skin or loss of fat layers is I can walk through a doorway and if I hit my arm just a little bit on frame - darn if I don't get a big bruise looking mark. Crazy.... and I loved the sun when i was younger - would lay out a lot in it and dumb me didn't use sun screen back in the day..ever.
ReplyDeleteHi Sue - your temps are hot - we actually cooled down a bit up here and heavy breezes which felt so good. We have a swamper here and as long as it isn't humid it works good.
I'm with you on the heat. I used to LOVE going to Palm Springs in my 20s with friends and hanging out poolside at the Hilton when it was over 100! These days I live in Oregon because it's so much cooler and summer is shorter. Just can't handle that California heat anymore.
ReplyDeleteHello, HFH..nice to meet you, thanks for visiting.
ReplyDeleteYikes Palm Springs - I like to go there in the winter and look around but I'll stay in the mountains in the summer. Oregon - we have family in Bend.
i'll stop by to see your blog. thanks.
I've always loved fall and winter, even as a child. Here in south Texas the humidity makes it seem warmer than it is, and we can't even open windows at night because we'd stick to the sheets. I pine for changing seasons and colder winters. Some day I hope we can move back to Oklahoma. It still gets hot in the summer, but there are more storms moving through on a regular basis, and the winters are colder.
ReplyDeleteI've followed other blogs through Bloglovin', but I need to put a link to your blog on my new one, so I can follow you!
thanks Linda.
ReplyDelete