Translate

Wednesday, December 9, 2020

YESTERDAY WENT OFF MOUNTAIN FOR A WARMER WALK THAN HERE IN THE MOUNTAINS

We went to a favorite place and it was in the 70's with a slight cloud cover that made for beautiful skies.  

 Claremont is a small University town and was bursting with fall colors while  the mountains where I live are for the most part through with their vivid colors. 

 I've always made a point to go to Claremont in December, the most beautiful time of the year and the leaf color changes are even still going on in January. 

 We were busy with family for about a week and then the following week I just had no motivation to post but I thought I would put up a photo and it might get me inspired again to pick up more regular posting here. We walked an area around the campus of the Claremont and Pomona Colleges. I love the neighborhoods close to the Universities because they are all mostly historical homes. I'll post more photos later so i have them here on the blog.

9 comments:

  1. I owned a house in Pasadena for a while in the 1980's and 90's. At that time I was more familiar with all the cute towns in the eastern part of LA county. Now I can't keep them straight any more, but I know they were all very nice places to visit. The fall colors and the leaves on the ground in your picture are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Inger - I think Claremont and laVerne are the two most east towns before you get to San Bernardino county. We lived in Rancho Cucamonga/Alta Loma area before we moved to the mountains, which is east about 10 miles or so from Claremont - all of these right at the foothills of San Gabriel Mountains. I always loved visiting Pasadena. I use to work on Arcadia for years not far from Huntington Drive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. also lived in Glendora when I first got married. Grew up in Covina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Claremont so much and would love a nice walk with my camera through town there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! So different from here in New England. All the trees are pretty much bare and we have had some early snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hI cj - our mountain temps are most in line probably with what you experience. Here is SoCal - down in the valleys - there's really not much of a winter except for a few weeks. I kind of miss it - I love seasons but I also love being able to get out every day walking (but down below it can hit 115 sometimes...ugh).

    Laura - would be nice - we will do it again some time - make it in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claremont always did have better autumn color than Los Angeles did. It's funny though, looking at it now I realize it did have that great autumn color...right before Christmas! it was still too hot at Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi...yes - I use to go for walks through town and around the colleges especially when we took grandkids to the park and mike would watch them and I would take off walking through neighborhoods. I learned at some point not to expect a lot of color until December january . Warm/hot Thanksgivings down there - every once in awhile we would be surprised and it could be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Buena foto de entrada, como avance de esa nueva serie que promete bastante.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete