We had snow back on 12-29 and yesterday was the first day I ventured out.
Mike has been away from home to help take care of a son who broke his knee and can't get around well. So with our jeep we usually go out the next day after it snows because the jeep is 4 wheel drive and can get around easy. But I've been home with the car that I didn't want to get down our road when it had a lot of ice. The last few days we have had a good melt and I could easily take the car out.
All this to say I finally got out yesterday and to go down to the lake and get a walk in. I could finally get off our road since the berms have shrunk and there isn't ice on the road now.
The first pics are the day it snowed. I had started trying to dig out somewhat especially the deck in front of the door and then working my way down to try and create a path past the car. Luckily a few neighbors came over to help and they made enough of a path where when Mike did come home for over night he was able to pull the jeep in. He spent quite a bit of time the next day digging as much snow off the driveway so when I could I was able to back out and go to town.
The next photos are of the side of the lake that always gets the sun. In some photos you would hardly know it ever snowed there. Next time I move I will make sure I am not on a shady street even though in summer it's great. The next photos are from a walk I took around the lake. The last photo is coming back up the road and to my driveway on the left . There's still a lot of snow but nothing like it was seven days ago.
So that's what it looks like now but the sun is out and we are warming up more hurray!!
So much snow! And then melting off eventually in spots. Looks lovely but I'm sure the issues with getting your car out are no fun! It's good to have helpful neighbors.
ReplyDeletethis little town has some very helpful people - and yes it's melting and snow looks lovely but i'd rather have it all melted away!
ReplyDeletehope 2021 is starting out good for you.
Truly stunning photos Sandy! Wow! I love your banner photo too! So thankful you have neighbours to help you! Big Hugs!
ReplyDeleteThose photos are gorgeous, snow and no snow!
ReplyDeleteWow! You got a lot of snow! So good that you have nice neighbors to help you out. My neighbors stink. The sunny side and shady side pictures look like two different worlds.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful nature photos and do hope you are all safe, warm and cozy ^_^
ReplyDeleteMoment by moment,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)
Goodness! That is a lot of snow!
ReplyDeleteI'm pleased you have nice neighbours to help you out.
All the best Jan
My goodness, hard to believe you have so much snow there. The photos are lovely thanks for sharing them with us.
ReplyDeleteHope your son is improving.
thanks everyone. It's finally melting off pretty good .
ReplyDeleteBRrrrr...makes me cold kust looking at all that beauty.
ReplyDeleteSo nice you were able to finally get out and that you had nice neighbors to help too.
I was cold this morning doing errands in the fog and dampish 40F. temps. I'm sitting here with my hands wrapped around a nice hot cup of coffee.
Love all the photos.
Hope your Hubby's son recovers quickly.
Sue