Translate

Wednesday, December 29, 2021

DAYS OF RAIN, SNOW, MORE SNOW AND NOW THROUGH THE NIGHT 5" MORE INCHES RAIN PREDICTED

 We had a landslide which washed out part of hwy 18 coming up to the mountains.  This route will be closed for awhile, some say weeks, other say months.  But I think more damage will be done after this latest period of rain tonight.  Half of the hwy at this point is washed out in a particular area.  

Anyway we got out today to go to the store and because we have a 4 wheel drive we weren't worried about ice on the roads.  It felt good getting out and taking a drive to see how it looks around town and the lake.  First two heading out our road and down toward the lake and town.  I love that house in the distance where you see just the roofs. It's always so pretty in every season.

In two or three days it shows clear skies so I'm anxious to get to the other towns/lakes in the area to see how high the water has risen in the lakes. 

I would say out drought is done - The sierras have gotten so much snow and Pacific Northwest tons of rain and snow.
























\




10 comments:

  1. I'm cheering for the end of the drought too.
    Lots of rain and snow up Tahoe way. When both 80 and 50 are closed for a couple of days you know there's more snow than seen in many a moon.
    The dampish weather has given both Dave and I the sniffles so we are sticking close to home. Not pretty out anyway.
    Glad you could get out and see the beautiful scenery.
    Happy New Year.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you and Dave. Hope it's a good one for you and the family, Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these photos! At first we were told we were going to have a La Nina winter that they aren't always sure what will happen, but normally it is little rain. This winter so far is a blessing from above, at least it feels like it. And in reality it is all coming from the skies! It feels good to see our lakes filling up and our streams and creeks running and our thirsty trees turn green!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes the rain is good... No internet is bad very bad. Glad it's beautiful there with fall colors. I like that the lower elevations get the color because that's when we can enjoy both upper and lower seasons but this year we can't get down the 18 to go over to claremont or upland to see the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your beautiful photos, Sandy.

    Wishing you a wonderful 2022!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to read that you had a landslide ...

    I enjoyed seeing your photographs.
    Happy New Year to you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I'm cheering too! Between Tahoe, the Mammoth area, and our local mountains, we should be okay for a while. I might even plant some more hollyhocks! The damn gophers keep digging holes and either they bury them with sand OR they just ruin the area where I plant them! Our poor dog can't keep up with the gophers! I may not have many flowers this Spring, sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the tour Sandy! It looks like a winter wonderland. Is there still snow? I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cheryl..Good to see you here.

    Thanks Linda. The snow is slow to melt in my yard but pretty much over town and the lake it's all melted except for the shady parts. Hopefully all of January will be dry.

    Thanks Veronica.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's good to hear you were able to get out and enjoy a drive despite the road closures.

    ReplyDelete