Translate

Saturday, July 23, 2022

FIRST LET ME SAY - .... WHAT'S WITH THE SPAM FOLDER AND MY BLOGGER FRIENDS MESSAGES GETTING PUT IN THERE

 I already mentioned on my art blog that I had just discovered a few days back that there is a spam folder and that it should be checked out every few days.  For some reason many of your comments on past posts, I just noticed,  went into spam.  Blogger is really challenging me lately - what with inability to comment at certain places and then putting actual real message in spam.  So just to say ...I went to the folder and read your comments from past posts - thanks so much and sorry I haven't responded to them.  

So, yesterday, I decided to head up to Green Valley Lake to spend some time in isolation with nature and wonderful breezes.  Imagine if you will, it's a Friday - a time in any area of summer that draws tourists, that for some reason I guess Green Valley Lake remains a hidden gem.  There were very few people there and from my experience going up on a weekend - that proves to be true pretty much all the time. 

My area where I live is so crowded with people all around the lake in summer that you can't even find parking to get out and enjoy a walk.  Some people even park half way up a curb on to the trail area.  

This is the calm and beauty (and perfect breezy temps) I experienced yesterday.  I was amazed to realize it had been almost 20 years (2003) since we had bought a cabin and only kept it for a few years before we sold it as I thought it was too boring up there.  Geez, what an idiot I was in my 50's.  Now I could totally live up there year around.  I don't care about shopping anymore, unless it's for necessities and this town only has about seven businesses.  

And it wasn't even a challenge to find parking.  I've posted many photos in the past from here but it's always a new experience when i go.
















 

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! It makes me so want to get back there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charming area. Looks so cool and peaceful and I want to take the swanboat out for a spin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to ride that swan boat myself. Years ago my sis and I took our kids when they were little and rode similar type boat things that you had to pedal but nothing like the big swan and the big duck they have there now. Soon I might decide to rent one and take it out for a ride.

      Delete
  3. Es un lugar ideal para huir de las grandes temperaturas del verano.
    Yo reviso todos los días los comentarios, porque hay muchos que lo meten en la lista de spam y no son publicados.
    Que pases un feliz domingo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes the temp was so nice. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  4. Now that's what I call peace and rest. How lovely and real therapy. Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sue, it's a great place to be in nature.

      Delete
  5. Such a lovely place, Sandy.
    I'd love to take the swan boat out for a ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to take that swan boat out for a ride. Next time...for sure..thanks Veronica.

      Delete
  6. Ah Sandy I had to chuckle at "what an idiot I was in my 50's" because I feel the same about myself! I'm glad you got to spend some quiet time in such a beautiful place. How unusual for it to remain a "hidden gem" after all this time. Loved that you pointed out where your car was parked - that looks like quite a walk.
    I'm experiencing issues with Blogger too. I sure wish I was tech savvy enough to manage my own website!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, it's really not that long of a walk but to get a good one, like i like to do, i go up into the neighborhoods which are up and down roads. I'm so surprised myself that not many people show up there. Probably because they think, like i use to, that it's a bit boring.

      Delete
  7. Dear and precious friend Sandy this is such a fascinating and magical place you visited wow !!!
    I agree that breeze refreshes the page of surroundings immediately :) i am sorry you are missing your former cabin in such beautiful place. I hope in future you may spend your evenings and morning in summers !
    I too have heard about spam folder and having problems in commenting on some blogs .i hope blogger is acknowledging what is going on and will do something to resolve it.
    Lots of love hugs and best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Baili. Would be nice to live there again. But I'll stay where I am for now. everything else is too expensive to even think of moving. Hope all is well with you and your four guys.

      Delete
  8. Wonderful place to rest and enjoy the charms of nature.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blogger commenting is proving difficult for many of us, there are some blogs which still will not let me comment on.
    Yes, a good idea to always check the spam folder.

    Lovely photographs here.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete