Translate

Thursday, October 25, 2018

PRETTY SCENES FROM MY SOLITARY WALK YESTERDAY

I like walking alone - I also like walking with Mike.  I decided when he does his inside the house exercises in the morning I'll do mine outside taking a walk and then we can both walk in the afternoon.

Walking alone is a great meditation and my mood really benefits by getting out alone in nature.

Here are some scenes from yesterday around our lake down the road. 

Do you like solitary walks or having company along with you?

The lake is right near all of the town's businesses (a very small town) so one can walk the lake and then head up to the stores to walk through town.  It takes about an hour to walk the lake at a good pace and then you can add more walking time by going through town.

The water level is a lot lower as they have been reconstructing a new dam for the last year or so and have had to release a lot of the water and keep it at a certain level.  Whenever we are out we go watch the goings on at the new dam.  I can't wait until its' finished and the lake is full again.  I love the look  of the red leaf tree.  I always take its' photo when I walk by.  Usually there is a lot of water behind it but this is the end where the low water level shows the most.








 There's normally a high level of water near the water slide below.















6 comments:

  1. Those are pretty pictures. I think you have more colorful trees than we do here is Missouri. I wish I could walk like that. I have to use a walker because of bursitis and arthritis, etc. When I used to walk I liked walking alone....very peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to see you! We have LOTS of color going on now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a wonderful walk around the lake and town! The colors are awesome and I am waiting for this area to light up with color. There is some but we're not quite there yet. You were walking on the road around the lake I assume? Did the low water level affect the visitor numbers this summer? I can see that it is at a seriously low level. I also see a white pelican and that elegant heron ... nice pictures of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just found you again via Brenda's blog. Not sure why I stopped getting your updates.

    Your walks are lovely & you take such great photos. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura - it seemed there were still plenty of people here this summer but I do think the amount has decreased since the lake was lowered - they still has Splash Island in the summer but had to move it more to the middle of the lake.

    Hi Wiinifred - glad we connected again I always love your photos of the places u visit. It was nice to see Brenda posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures! I like walking alone and also walking with my husband for different reasons. Walking alone in nature is a great time for meditation for me too.

    ReplyDelete