Translate

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

SOME PHOTOS FROM A WALK A WEEK AGO

 Went over to Lake Arrowhead one day recently before every day became windy up here.  It was nice getting out.

I was happy to see "The Prophet"  as I passed by this little book library.  I took it with me and next time I go over I'll replace it with another book.

I came upon what I thought was a dead bird as I was going up these steps and it heard me and pulled itself together and hobbled a bit and then flew away.










11 comments:

  1. Great clear, colorful photos and you happened upon a book to borrow and a bird you thought was a goner yet the bird was still here and not a goner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks. I have always wanted a copy of the book but never bought one and then there it is. Fun seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deslizo el ratón y me detengo en cada una de tus fotografías. Me gusta admirar la belleza, de los sitios por los que has pasado.

    BEsos

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty walk you took.
    I haven't looked in the tiny book library at the end of our street for a long time..thanks for reminding me..I think I have to mosey down that way soon. Maybe that will be a good Blog Photo op for some time in the future.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue - i love the local little libraries. In our small neighborhood a woman put one up and i took a bunch of books over to it. It was so crowded that books and other items were laid at the foot of it. She actually was married to Phillip K. Dick. Until i did research i didn't know he authored 44 books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen a little library on the street anywhere here, which is very sad, isn't it? Poor little bird, maybe he will survive. We had a male cardinal hit a window the other day and went out to find him. His little neck was broken and I cried for his mate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I truly enjoy your photos. I never see anything like this. I have every third house look alike, sidewalks, and same ol same ol traffic, etc. Unless I slide over to the beach, but even that is becoming way too people and high rise oriented. Thanks for the refreshment! I can smell the forest and the fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a few little libraries around, such a good idea.
    Nice photographs :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos and what a sweet idea having little libraries. Are they outside houses?

    I've only seen them in Costa coffee shops here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Winifred. They are usually toward the front of someone's property but by the sidewalk. I love that people do this. Thanks\
    Thanks jan.
    Hi jC - in the mountains for sure every house or cabin looks different.
    thanks Dewena - ..ooh poor bird. I dislike when that happen.

    ReplyDelete