Translate

Monday, November 12, 2018

A DIFFERENT VIEW OF THE HILLSIDE

I had never been able to photograph most parts of the lake - the hillside homes because I had never walked on these various parts of the shoreline before over at Lake Arrowhead.  I had only ever seen them in the distance from the car.  I was happy that I could capture some of the hillside homes (possibly for future sketching).  I will be posting more and more of the views that I've had the good fortune now to get to see up closer.  I still used my zoom on the camera but the lighting and position where I was helped to get close up.

I was standing near the UCLA Conference Center (which is a beautiful campus) just close to where this particular shore walk starts.

I love quotes - inspirational quotes so whenever I post mountain photos I believe a quote will follow.

“If you are faced with a mountain, you have several options. You can climb it and cross to the other side. You can go around it. You can dig under it. You can fly over it. You can blow it up. You can ignore it and pretend it’s not there. You can turn around and go back the way you came. Or you can stay on the mountain and make it your home.”— Vera Nazarian







4 comments:

  1. I like that quote! It looks so beautiful and trees galore! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three lovely photographs and I like the quote from Vera Nazarian.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat quote, and it fits so well with these photos with all the houses on the mountainside. Pretty scenes!

    ReplyDelete