Translate

Thursday, November 15, 2018

CAN YOU SEE IT IN THERE (FRONT PORCH POST)

This front porch in Redlands I'm sure hides a lot of treasures I'm just not seeing in the photo.  Next time I'm in the neighborhood I may just have to walk up there and take a look around - and if I'm caught I'll just say I'm peddling religion - a certain type.

I love exploring and this porch would be no exception.

What do you think you might find on that porch?

As I wrote the above an image just came to me; An amethyst geode -fairly large - about the size of a volleyball - and the owner brings it in at night for safekeeping.









I love houses with shingles such as they have on this house.

The wind is gone today and I get to go out and play~~~~ ...

Next week I'll be at the coast and I'm really happy about that.

13 comments:

  1. That's a great house and front porch. I see a foldable table easel sitting on top of a box of paints and brushes which is in a corner of the porch, protected from the elements. Then over there (pointing) is a small wicker table with a drawer. In that drawer are bookmarks and a magnifying glass and a pen, a small pad of paper for notes, and a couple of artsy bookmarks. The three books on the table top are memoirs and on the open shelf below the top of the table is a pile of magazines. In another corner is a sleeping cat right next to a potted plant. I put on my distance glasses so I could actually see what is there on that porch. Oh, I almost forgot the lightweight patchwork quilt hanging on the back of the comfy chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE your front porch - I want one just like you described - absolutely and I just have one request - don't let the cat knock over my amethyst geode. I really love the description so how about ...say....when u are back from walking....which i know you should be by 4:00 this afternoon - we meet there and invite mom, dad, bill, and chad to come visit for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be some reunion! Maybe they would hang around for Thanksgiving. There are enough bedrooms and bathrooms for all of us!! Your amethyst geode is safe, so don't worry about that. It's so big, nothing will hurt it. ;) I am back from my walk, so I am going to rest up there on the porch and wait for you to get back from your hike. Wake me when you get here.

      Delete
  3. haha, well i forgot to wake you but we had about a 2 hour walk along the third shoreline again and the lighting and colors were different and beautiful. Meet you in the morning for breakfast and a timed sketching hour- no longer...one hour to do a sketch and then we walk around Redlands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure there must be all kinds of treasure up there. I like the idea of a geode, and I like cat's momma's porch treasure ideas too. I see a big, green ceramic frog in one corner keeping a watch on everything. I see an antique wooden rocking chair with a little crocheted rug on the seat to act as a cushion for old bones. Next to the chair on the floor is a basket that holds yarn and some crochet hooks and a project of some sort that is half-finished. On the porch rail behind the plants and trees growing there are several mason jars filled with water colored with food coloring. At a certain time of the day, the sun catches in those jars making them sparkle, and you wonder if maybe there is something magical about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i always forget to reply under the post - i replied down below. love your description

      Delete
  5. Wow, Connie, a ceramic frog! First, I used to collect frog themed things, I used to crochet, so right away the visuals are great for me! Add to those all the other wonderful things on your porch, and I loved "seeing" all those items. Hey! We are porch people! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I did not know that you used to collect frog themed things. A frog just seemed to be a good fit for some reason. :)

      Delete
  6. jars of colored water!! Okay i would have never thought of that. A few years ago at our local hardware store I bought dozens of mason jars - so all I need is the food coloring,, lol. Connie, loved that you came and played on the porch withus. Frogs - Laura the minute I read frog i knew you would be overjoyed, lol. I have lots more porches to play on - ! I'm going to make purple water to go with my geode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy, if you already have the jars, you are almost there already! You always have such colorful sketches and photos that I thought some extra colors ought to be on that porch for you. :) Purple to go with your geode would be perfect!

      Delete
    2. I am definitely going to do that after winter - some colors in jars - and purple is my favorite- maybe a purple and then a green, purpe , green theme for a month and then change it up. I just saw this comment. Haven't been here for about a week I think.

      Delete
  7. Wow, I loved Connie's comment and description.
    I'm sure the porch is full of good things.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete